a month agoChelsea boss Lampard: Hudson-Odoi, James will face Grimbsy

first_imgChelsea boss Lampard: Hudson-Odoi, James will face Grimbsyby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi will make his first-team return in the League Cup on Wednesday against Grimsby Town.This follows his recovery from an Achilles injury.The England international was forced off during the draw against Burnley in April and underwent successful surgery days later. The winger will feature alongside Reece James, who is yet to make a competitive appearance for Chelsea’s senior side following a season on loan at Wigan.Asked about the duo, manager Frank Lampard told Chelsea’s official website: “They’ll be involved on Wednesday night.”We need to look at players that haven’t been playing so much. We will pay Grimsby due to respect but it certainly is minutes for certain players that haven’t been there.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

21 days agoChelsea boss Frank Lampard: Fikayo Tomori my project player

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Chelsea boss Frank Lampard: Fikayo Tomori my project playerby Paul Vegas21 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea boss Frank Lampard says his “project” player Fikayo Tomori has long justified his faith in him.The centre-back joined Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount and Ross Barkley as the four Chelsea Lions in Gareth Southgate’s England squad this week. “I put trust in him early in the season – I think that was obvious with the way the pre-season went with the centre-backs,” said Lampard. “At the moment, he has really delivered and long may that continue. I think there is a lot more to come still.“Last year as Derby he was fantastic. But you don’t know until you put players in. Against Sheffield United at home was a game where I thought he deserved his opportunity for his training.”Those are the rules here. You have to train at a level. Then he gave me a big problem because he played so well and he has continued to do that. Yes, he is a project in a way but a nice one because everything you want him to do, he stands up and delivers.” last_img read more

Video: Rick Pitino Appears To Make Gesture Towards Kentucky Fan After Loss

first_imgRick Pitino flipping off Kentucky fans.Twitter/@Fine_and_TandyPretty much every edition of the Kentucky vs. Louisville basketball rivalry is intense, and today’s game certainly didn’t disappoint. The game featured technicals on both coaches, huge dunks and blocks, and a dramatic finish, resulting in a two-point UK win.After the game, multiple Kentucky fans claimed that Louisville head coach Rick Pitino flipped off someone in the crowd while leaving the court. Twitter user Seiver Tandy captured the incident on video. Pitino definitely appears to make a gesture after being taunted, but it is hard to really tell if he gave a fan the finger or not, at least based on this footage.I got Rick flipping off UK fans on video @KySportsRadio pic.twitter.com/VPgUbRGM9H— Seiver Tandy (@Fine_and_Tandy) December 26, 2015Pitino sent assistant Ralph Willard out to answer questions after the game, so we’ll have to wait some time to hear Pitino’s side of things. If he did, in fact, flip of a Kentucky fan, that is a really bad look for the Hall of Fame coach.[KSR]last_img read more

Video: Ohio State Coach Urban Meyer Hit In Face By Ref

first_imgurban Meyer talking to his coaches on the sideline during an Ohio State football game.COLUMBUS, OH – SEPTEMBER 16: Head Coach Urban Meyer of the Ohio State Buckeyes gives instructions to his assistant coaches on the sideline during the fourth quarter of a game against the Army Golden Knights at Ohio Stadium on September 16, 2017 in Columbus, Ohio. Ohio State defeated Army 38-7. (Photo by Jamie Sabau/Getty Images)Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer was hit in the face by a referee during his team’s contest against Wisconsin on Saturday night.Ohio State is struggling against Wisconsin on Saturday night, and it isn’t just the team’s players getting a little beat up. Head coach Urban Meyer, near the end of the first quarter, took a shot to the face from a referee after a play. Meyer attempted to get out of the way, but the ref simply came in too hot.To top it off, Ohio State was hit with a sideline interference penalty that cost the team 15 yards. We’re not sure if the two incidents are related or not.Hero pic.twitter.com/88n5rItZiR— Deadspin (@Deadspin) October 16, 2016Lol. Urban Meyer got hit in the face by the ref and they got a 15 yard penalty. #classic pic.twitter.com/EuyB5q6EYd— Taylor Hahn (@taytortaco) October 16, 2016Ohio State trails Wisconsin 10-3 in the second quarter. The Buckeyes need to put away their frustration if they want to emerge victorious.last_img read more

Barco ‘wants to continue’ in Atlanta amid European links

first_imgEzequiel Barco ​has tried to put to rest rumors that he will be leaving Major League Soccer for Europe in the near future. The midfielder was a star for Argentina at the Under-20 World Cup and has been linked with the likes of Serie A side Napoli as his star continues to rise. A record signing in January of 2018, Barco failed to live up to the hype in his first season in the league, but is looking to continue his development with the MLS side moving forward.  Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? “I want to continue here in Atlanta,” he told  FutbolMLS.com . “I’m calm about it [the speculation],” Barco said. “I think this [Atlanta] is a great team where I can continue to grow as a player and then at the end of the year we’ll see what happens. But today my focus is here and I’m not taking it away from Atlanta.”Atlanta has already sent one star to Europe in the form of Miguel Almiron​ being sold to Newcastle. That move has opened the door for Barco to step in as a key member of the Five Stripes, who has been named as an MLS All-Star this season.  Barco, along with fellow Argentine Pity Martinez, have helped Atlanta cover for the loss of their star man, and the club sits fourth in the Eastern Conference, just five points back of the Philadelphia Union with two games in hand. Rather than being upset at not playing much in 2018, Barco says he was fine with sitting behind and learning from Almiron. “Last year of course I didn’t play much,” Barco said. “That’s because Miguel Almiron is a very important player who made a big difference in this league. In every game he was a difference-maker and he stood out a lot.”Barco has also tipped Martinez for improved performances, saying he too will need time to adjust to the style of play in MLS.  “Pity has shown that he can play in this league and in any other league,” Barco said of his new teammate. “We think he’s a very important player for our team. The truth is that it takes time to adapt, but we’re doing everything we can so that he feels comfortable on the field and really show what he did at River.”last_img read more

‘Balotelli gave me €2000 to drive a scooter into the sea’

first_imgMadcap former Manchester City forward Mario Balotelli has been up to his usual tricks while on his summer holidays, reportedly paying a man to drive a scooter into the sea.Balotelli has also had spells with the likes of Inter, AC Milan, Liverpool and Nice, before signing with Marseille during the January 2019 transfer window on a contract until the end of the season.But, despite his clear footballing ability, he more often hits the news for his outlandish off-field stunts, including famously setting his bedroom on fire after setting off fireworks indoors.  Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare And while he may be taking a break from the sport over the summer, his penchant for mischief seemingly never rests. A bar owner in the Naples seaside neighbourhood town of Mergellina revealed that Balotelli promised him €2000 if he would pilot his moped into the water. And the man duly obliged, stripping down to his underwear – while, presumably for safety reasons, keeping his trainers on – and speeding off the quayside and into the Bay of Naples. “My moped was only worth €600 anyway,” he later told reporters as he celebrated a quick profit off the football star, who held up his side of the bargain and paid out. Balotelli also shared the video on his Instagram page, attracting laughs and criticisms alike for the stunt. But, perhaps most incredibly, he also shared footage of the moped being fished out of the water – and still in working condition!While he frolics on the coast, the much-travelled striker is likely to be making yet another move before the summer transfer window comes to a close. Parma are one team that have been linked with his services, with the club confirming their interest after missing out on Daniele De Rossi. “Balotelli is someone we like, and so do many other teams,” Parma director Daniele Faggiano stated in an interview with Radio Kiss Kiss last week.”We’re looking at a lot of strikers, but it’s not easy.”Whether the Serie A side or indeed any other potential suitors will look favourably upon Super Mario’s famous pranks, of course, is another story entirely as he looks to fix himself up with a club for next season.last_img read more

I will definitely be at Leverkusen next season – Havertz

first_imgRumoured Bayern Munich target Kai Havertz has ruled out a move away from Bayer Leverkusen for at least another year.The 20-year-old enjoyed an impressive campaign with the Bundesliga side last season, and has been linked with a €90 million switch to league champions Bayern.Havertz, however, has been with Leverkusen since the age of 11 and is in no rush to move on just yet, although he admitted he may be interested in a transfer further down the line. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? “For me, it has long been clear that I will spend the next season in Leverkusen, without any ifs and buts,” he told Suddeutsche Zeitung.”I feel very well in Leverkusen and I see a period here in which I can develop very well.”At some point I will take the next step. If it comes to that, then no one will be angry with me here. You just want to achieve the most possible in your career.”A number of other European clubs have been tipped to move for Havertz on the back of a campaign that saw him score 17 goals and set up three more in the German top flight.But Leverkusen managing director Rudi Voller previously told any interested suitors to forget about bidding for the Germany international, who is under contract at BayArena until 2022.”It’s logical for clubs to come close, but there was nothing to be agreed and not too much to talk about,” Havertz added. “For the coming season, I can definitely say that Leverkusen is the right place for me.”Leverkusen’s successful attempt to qualify for the Champions League, thanks to their fourth-place Bundesliga finish last term, will also have had a huge bearing on Havertz’s decision.They guaranteed their place in Europe’s premier cup competition after ending the campaign three points ahead of Borussia Monchengladbach.Havertz was called up to Joachim Low’s Germany squad for the very first time last summer, and was included for matches against France and Peru.  He then made his international debut last September, coming on as a late substitute against Peru in a 2-1 win for Germany.last_img read more

Arsenal rebel Koscielny sent legacy warning

first_imgLaurent Koscielny’s decision to defy the wishes of Arsenal and push for a summer move is damaging his legacy at the club, claims Ian Wright.A long-serving defender, who has spent nine years in north London, has opted against joining the Gunners for pre-season in the United States.He has refused to travel and requested that he be released in order to complete a switch to one of the sides showing interest in his native France. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Koscielny’s current contract at Emirates Stadium is due to run until 2020.Completing that agreement would take him to a decade of service and Wright believes that the 33-year-old is doing himself no favours in the eyes of fans who have supported him for so long.The Arsenal legend said on his personal YouTube channel, with the input of agents being questioned: “He’s given us unbelievable service, we’ve seen him play through pain and build a legacy and legendary status he deserves.”It’s the time in the season where everybody is meant to be together. We are in for a tough season, a transitional period, we need a lot of catching up.”For our captain to refuse to go on a pre-season tour after nine years of unbelievable service, to destroy your legacy a little by refusing to play for a club is something that is baffling me.”Why Laurent? Who are your advisers and what are they saying to you?”I am so disappointed in your decision to do this at this time, if your agent sees this, and I hope they do, shame on you, shame on you, for doing this to him and convincing him. No way you can tell me he will come up with this on his own.”You’re the one we chose as our captain, our leader, and now we’re going into pre-season with our captain refusing to go on the tour.”This is something I cannot get my head around and I pray to god it can be resolved sooner rather than later.”It doesn’t set a good example, Arsenal need to do something quick and disciplinary. I love you Laurent but this is a poor decision.”Koscielny joined Arsenal from Lorient in 2010 and has taken in over 350 appearances for the club. Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.last_img read more

Report: 4-Star Freshman QB Is Transferring

first_imgMiami players running on the field for a game.MIAMI GARDENS, FL – NOVEMBER 23: The Miami Hurricanes take the field during a game against the Virginia Cavaliers at Sun Life Stadium on November 23, 2013 in Miami Gardens, Florida. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)It appears the Miami Hurricanes won’t just be losing important members of their coaching staff this winter. With one more game left this season, the ACC powerhouse will be without a vital part of its offense in the future.Jarren Williams barely saw the field this year, as the dual-threat quarterback was still learning Mark Richt’s system. Now, the freshman will look for another college to call home.Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports is reporting that Williams will transfer from Miami later this month. The four-star recruit is expected to be in the NCAA Transfer Portal by Dec. 21.Breaking: Sources tell me that former 4-star QB Jarren Williams will transfer from Miami https://t.co/5ydxseHSRU— Steve Wiltfong (@SWiltfong247) December 19, 2018This would force Williams to miss the entire 2019 season due to NCAA rules, barring a waiver.Miami couldn’t find consistent production from the quarterback position, as the staff constantly flipped between Malik Rosier and N’Kosi Perry. Considering that Williams never saw his opportunity on the gridiron with the Hurricanes, he could be in pursuit of greener pastures.The Hurricanes already lost several incoming recruits over the past few weeks, and this latest news won’t make life any easier for the storied program.Stay tuned.last_img read more

Duke QB Daniel Jones Could Have Played His Way Into A First Round Draft Pick In The Independence Bowl

first_imgDaniel Jones drops back for a pass against Pitt.DURHAM, NC – OCTOBER 21: Daniel Jones #17 of the Duke Blue Devils drops back to pass against the Pittsburgh Panthers during their game at Wallace Wade Stadium on October 21, 2017 in Durham, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)The NFL Draft is still four months away, but there is already plenty of hype regarding which quarterbacks could be the first to come off the board. One player whose stock is rising – at least right now – is Duke signal-caller Daniel Jones.Jones, a junior, had an incredible game against Temple in the Independence Bowl on Thursday night. Jones finished the game 30-of-41 for 423 yards with five touchdowns and two interceptions. He also rushed for a touchdown in the team’s 56-27 victory.There aren’t a ton of top-tier talents at quarterbacks who are coming out this year – especially after Oregon signal-caller Justin Herbert announced he’d be returning to the Ducks. Some are thinking that Jones could be a first round pick.WalterFootball has Jones as the third-best prospect, behind only Drew Lock of Missouri and Dwayne Haskins of Ohio State. They aren’t alone in their thinking.Duke QB Daniel Jones has set the Independence Bowl record with 5 Pass TD. Jones has 6 TD responsible for today, tying Tajh Boyd in the 2014 Orange Bowl for most by an ACC player in a bowl game. Duke’s 56 points are also a school record for a bowl game. pic.twitter.com/s84qhVvw1S— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) December 27, 2018Daniel Jones looks like an NFL quarterback. #Duke— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) December 27, 2018I have talked with several teams who have a preliminary “1st” on Duke’s Daniel Jones if he declares.Dwayne Haskins, Drew Lock and Jones are the favorites to be the first three QBs drafted. https://t.co/JFzfPbn2Nh— Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) December 26, 2018Duke, with the victory, finishes the season with an 8-5 record.Of course, there are a lot of steps to be taken for Jones here. He still has the NFL Combine, his pro day, and his interviews – assuming he comes out.This year’s NFL Draft will take place on April 25, 26 and 27.last_img read more