Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Related Items:attorney Arthur Hamilton, Christopher Forbes, murder, trial Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppGrand Turk, TCI July 18, 2017 — While murder-accused Christopher Forbes seeks additional counsel, his trial has been pushed back to September, 2017. Forbes, 33, is charged with two heinous murders which shocked the nation last year. The victims, two young Dominican women, Yuneiry Veras and Sonrineida Moreno Arias, were killed in April and July respectively. Both women’s bodies were found in bushes in remote areas of Providenciales. Forbes is currently represented by attorney Arthur Hamilton and the trial was set to begin July 13. However, Forbes is seeking a QC in addition to Hamilton and to facilitate this, the case has been postponed to September. Forbes is a Bahamian, TCI Belonger who worked as a bouncer at the time of the murders.#MagneticMediaNews#ForbesMurderTrial Worst fears as a tourist is murdered in Providenciales; ten homicides for 2019 Bahamas Police takes 10 to court for murders and other crimes, including a couple for cruelty to a child Freeport Man Killed in ‘The Ghetto’, Homicide Count Now At 100
WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Recreation Department’s Tiny Tots & Kids Club Program ended its final session this summer on Thursday, August 1.Below is a video from staffer Erin Cowden highlighting some of the fun that was had over the past three weeks:——Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedVIDEO: Highlights From Wilmington’s Tiny Tots/Kids Club ProgramIn “Videos”WILMINGTON RECREATION: Concerts, Trips & Youth Programs Were Huge Hits This SummerIn “Community”VIDEO: Highlights From Wilmington’s Tiny Tots/Kids Club ProgramIn “Videos”
Amy Jackson, British fiancee George PanayiotouInstagram2.0 actress Amy Jackson is currently in her third trimester and she is enjoying every phase of her pregnancy with her British fiancee George Panayiotou. The couple are currrently holidaying in Europe and Amy is leaving no stone unturned in making every moment a memorable one.The soon-to-be mother is known for pulling off every kind of cloth on body and has been setting a new precedent with her materity outfits for pregnant women. Sharing a few pictures on Instagram, Amy was seen flaunting her baby bump while soaking in the sun in a yellow bikini and needless to say that she was beaming with her pregnancy glow. In another picture, Amy and George shared an intimate moment wherein George was seen holding on the baby bump.Being a fitness freak, Amy Jackson has been working out rigorously. A few days ago, she shared a picture wherein she spoke about her pregnancy cravings. And if you are following her on Instagram, you wouldn’t be able take your eyes off her breathtaking pictures.After announcing her pregnancy on Mother’s Day, Amy and George got engaged in an intimate ceremony in London on May 5 and had been sharing some of their lovey-dovey moments on social media which you just can’t resist. Amy JacksonInstagram Amy Jackson flaunts her baby bump while soaking in the sun during her Europe trip with British fiancee George PanayiotouInstagram
Plaintiffs are seeking more than $1 million in damages, the suit says.Bureau Veritas declined to comment Wednesday afternoon. Arkema said earlier this month that it would “vigorously defend a lawsuit that we believe is gravely mistaken.”Officials have compared smoke from the thousands of pounds of burning organic peroxides to what emerges from a campfire or barbecue and maintained that it was a “non-toxic irritant.” The Environmental Protection Agency said earlier this month that “surface level water runoff results were less than the screening levels that would warrant further investigation” and air testing “found no exceedances” of required levels.But the lawsuit criticizes company executives for “repeatedly [denying] that the chemicals were toxic or harmful in any manner … Plaintiffs relied upon these representations and suffered serious bodily injuries as a result,” the suit says.The fires started in the wake of Hurricane Harvey, whose floodwaters took out the plant’s primary and backup sources of power. Without refrigeration, organic peroxides in the plant began to degrade, culminating in a series of explosions beginning Aug. 31 and continuing over the next several days.Residents within a 1.5 mile radius of the plant were evacuated for a week while the chemicals burned. When they returned to their homes, they were advised to wear protective clothing and drink bottled water. Chemical Safety BoardThe Arkema plant in Crosby, Texas is covered in debris after a series of chemical fires that occurred as a result of floodwaters from Hurricane Harvey.Eleven plaintiffs and a new defendant were added Wednesday to a lawsuit against Arkema Inc., an international chemical company whose plant near Houston spewed clouds of smoke from a series of chemical fires earlier this month after it was inundated by six feet of floodwaters from Hurricane Harvey.The updated lawsuit alleges that Arkema and the new defendant, Bureau Veritas — an air quality monitoring company that Arkema contracted to conduct testing in the vicinity of the plant — failed to properly advise first responders and neighbors about the dangers of fumes from the fires, which spewed black smoke high above the plant in Crosby. The lawsuit, originally filed Sept. 7 with seven first responders listed as plaintiffs, has since swelled to include six additional first responders as well as a slate of area homeowners who claim that in addition to property damage related to the fires, they suffered “upper respiratory infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, itchy, burning eyes, tight, burning throats and the like — illnesses and injuries that did not exist prior to the explosions and fires at the Arkema facility and illnesses resulting from and exacerbated by the explosions and fire at the Arkema facility.”Medical personnel and police officers called to the first fire in the early hours of Aug. 31 “began to fall ill in the middle of the road,” and were “doubled over vomiting, unable to breathe,” the lawsuit claims. Share
Kolkata: In a tragic incident, a promising cricketer was killed by lightening in the city while two separate road accidents claimed two lives and injured seven others in the districts.Debabrata Pal (21), a resident of Hooghly’s Srerampur was returning home after practicing cricket on Vivekananda Park ground at around 1.40 pm when the accident took place. According to local sources, the victim stopped his practice after it started raining. When he was walking along the lane, lightning struck him. He was later taken to a nearby hospital where doctors pronounced him brought dead. The victim used to play cricket for Calcutta Cricket Academy. Also Read – Heavy rain hits traffic, flightsRoad accident claimed lives of two children who were returning home on a bicycle along with their parents. The deceased have been identified as Ganesh and Riya Bhunia. Their parents have also received injuries. It took place at Radhanagar village under Bishnupur police station in Bankura on Saturday night when a speeding truck hit the bicycle. The driver of the truck fled the spot leaving the vehicle at the spot. Locals took the injured victims to Radhanagar Gramin hospital where the children were declared brought dead while their parents are undergoing treatment in the hospital. Police seized the truck and are conducting raids to nab the driver. In another accident, five persons were injured when the car they were travelling in overturned on National Highway 6 near Manasatala at Uluberai. According to police, there were three youth and a woman in the car.
Kolkata: Don’t buy Hilsa fingerlings to save the species, a call made by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will be the theme of the Hilsa festival organised by Baro Pally Jadavpur.It may be mentioned that the Chief Minister had said over and again not to buy Hilsa fingerlings and directed the state Fisheries department to conduct raids in markets to ensure that they are not sold.Baro Pally Jadavpur is using the festival as a platform to create awareness among the locals. The club looks after 1,200 fishermen of the Sunderbans who go to the deep sea to catch Hilsa. The club has given them medical insurance and also looks after their children. The honey collectors of the Sunderbans who are often attacked by tigers are given assistance by this club. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal life”We organise the festival to create social awareness about the fishermen who take life risks to catch Hilsa. Also, selling and buying of Hilsa fingerlings are banned and we have launched an intense campaign on the issue,” said Rahul Ghosh, secretary of Ilish Utsav Committee.The committee will felicitate Utpal Ghosh, secretary of Binaynagar Bengali Senior Secondary School, New Delhi, where the medium of instruction is Bengali. The higher secondary school starts from nursery level.Sudip Roy, a sergeant of the Kolkata Police, whose left leg had to be amputated after being hit by a lorry while on duty had lost all hope. Artificial limbs were installed and he recently joined his duties. He will be felicitated by the committee, said Pradip Chowdhury, chairman of the committee.
Kolkata: State education minister Partha Chatterjee on Tuesday inaugurated ‘Banglar Shiksha’ an e-portal which is set to provide real-time data on state-run and aided schools.The minister also officially launched five mobile applications which will not only help the education department officials to ensure a better co-ordination among administrations but they will also help them to keep tabs on the implementation of various government schemes. One can access information about all the schools, their activities and also their implementation of various schemes. The NIC has developed the portal with the help of KPMG and the education department. Also Read – Bose & Gandhi: More similar than apart, says Sugata BoseAfter inaugurating the e-portal, Chatterjee gave a strong message to his department officials saying that many projects are introduced with much fanfare but they are implemented poorly. In the same breath the minister said that a proper implementation of the newly introduced applications will fix accountability on the school administration but also help them perform their duties in a comprehensive manner. “The e-portal and the mobile applications will provide government information. We often introduce various schemes and then they are not properly maintained. I appreciate the efforts of our department officials for bringing in the new systems but if they are not properly run in the due course of the time I will not stop myself from criticising,” Chatterjee said. Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: Mamata”People should be deployed on a regular basis whose job is to maintain better coordination. If the supply of information is not properly maintained then the digitised platforms may lose their significance,” Chatterjee added. One must not however find fault at the beginning of the new schemes which are the result of accumulated efforts of both the school and higher education department. This is unique move initiated by the department, the minister said. The e-portal— www.banglarshiksha.gov.in is a robust platform providing dynamic dashboards, reports and data on real time basis — a centralised system with the capability of holding large volume data. This system will bring revolutionary change in e-governance by having the proficiency of bringing together various initiatives under one umbrella. The school education department will collect data from different schools under various programmes such as SSA, RMSA, MDM and HRSM through various portals. All the data will be collected and uploaded in the portal. Various information related to 1.5 crore students, 5 lakh teachers and 1 lakh schools will be available on the portal. The mobile applications are named as ‘Banglar Siksha mobile app’, ‘M-Paridarshan mobile app’, ‘Mid day meal inspection app’, ‘E-HRMS mobile app’ and ‘State data analysis management centre’. The M-Paridarshan mobile app will help the district inspectors of schools and other officials to record data while mid day meal inspection app will provide information relating to the mid day meal services in all the schools.
Kolkata: The news of fatwa given by Darul Uloom to Nusrat Jahan for wearing bindi and marrying a non-Muslim, which is being circulated in national media for the past couple of days, has been found to be false.An investigation carried out by fact-checking website AltNews has proved that the news regarding Nusrat’s marriage is a fake one. Nusrat, the Trinamool MP from Basirhat who has recently married businessman Nikhil Jain, took her oath in Parliament in Bengali and touched the feet of the Speaker. Nusrat’s gesture was appreciated by social media and media alike. The controversy began after a national television channel telecast the statement of Asad Kashim of Darul Uloom, portraying him as an Ulema. He had allegedly criticised Nusrat’s gesture, her marrying a non-Muslim and wearing bindi. Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: MamataSome media channels subsequently began telecasting Asad’s statement as a fatwa. AltNews got hold of Asad, who told the reporter that the representatives of two national channels had asked him for his comment on the matter and he had expressed his views, which have nothing to do with a fatwa. He has also denied any connection with Darul Uloom. There is nothing on the fatwa in the official website of Darul Uloom either. When contacted by AltNews, a senior official of Darul categorically denied the issuance of any such fatwa against Nusrat.