Job Vacancy: Chef de Partie sought by Radisson Blu

first_imgJob Vacancy: Radisson Blu Hotel in Letterkenny are currently seeking a motivated Chef de Partie to join their top-class team.Is BLU for you?Do you crave the taste of success? Say ‘Yes I Can!’  because here at the Radisson Blu, Letterkenny we’re looking for foodies just like you! At Radisson Blu Hotels, we stand out together as one team and make memorable moments for our guests.If you love a fast paced, inspirational environment, full of people who are powered by passion, then you are just what we need.Our Chefs are talented individuals and team players with a flare for great food concepts. Requirements & Responsibilities: Qualification in Professional and Practical Cookery with 3-4 years experience preferably in a fast-paced environment or with 4-star hotel experience.HACCP qualification essential.Must be passionate about food and focused on working to the highest standards.Must be able to work as part of a team or independently and have excellent communication skills.Well groomed neat and professional in both appearance and attitude.Be able to assist in the preparation of food to a high standard and to be able to guide junior staff in the kitchen.Terms/BenefitsAn attractive salary, rostered over five daysFree Health Club Membership50% off food bills in Hotel restaurant and barDiscounted employee rates in Radisson Group Hotels in Ireland and throughout the world.To apply for the vacancy please email your CV to collette.langan@radissonblu.comJob Vacancy: Chef de Partie sought by Radisson Blu was last modified: May 29th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Maharashtra to present farmer-friendly budget next week

first_imgMaharashtra is likely to increase the annual farm outlay in the upcoming budget to better fight the menace of farmer suicides.Senior officials in the state Finance Department said the government had missed providing for budgetary provisions under various schemes in 2016-17, including ₹35 crore under the Baliraja Chaitna Abhiyan. It could only provision ₹5 crore so far this year for the same.But the budget to be presented on June 18 will make up for funds that were not realised due to technical glitches under some schemes. Earlier, the interim budget presented for four months 2019-20 had made special provisions for the rural population, drought-like conditions, poor monsoon in 2018 and low prices of agriculture produce. The provisions are likely to be scaled up substantially this time, officials said.“We have decided to keep an agri focus in the remainder of the budget to be presented the coming monsoon session. The provisions will be likely taken from the contingency fund to the tune of ₹1,000 crore,” said a senior official.Maharashtra’s budget for the first four months of fiscal 2019-20 was presented with a revenue deficit of ₹19,784 crore. For fiscal 2019-20, revenue receipts of ₹3,14,489 crore and revenue expenditure of ₹3,34,273 crore were estimated. With an eye on the upcoming Assembly polls, a total farm outlay of ₹10,000 crore to ₹15,000 crore will be proposed under various schemes, including water distribution works, work on micro-irrigation, wells and farm ponds and schemes for dredging reservoirs and waterways, senior officials said. “The finance minister in the interim budget had reiterated that the first right on the budget is that of the farmers and poor. In keeping with the thought, our focus this budget will be to fulfil promises made by the government to farmers,” said a senior BJP leader.last_img read more

Ganguly picks India World T20 favourites, Windies dark horses

first_imgSourav Ganguly on Tuesday said India have the firepower to win the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka next month and termed the West Indies as the dark horses.”When you have players like Virat Kohli, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, M.S. Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh it is very difficult to count India out. There is a lot of firepower there,” said the former India captain at a promotional event organised by World T20 broadcaster ESPN Star Sports.Asked about Piyush Chawla and Lakshmipathy Balaji’s selection, Ganguly quipped that Chawla is proving to be a lucky mascot as India won the World Cup with him in the squad. As for Balaji, he said, the Tamil Nadu medium-pacer bowled exceedingly well in Pakistan under his captaincy and that he looked good playing for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League last season.”India have most things going in their favour. The tournament is happening in the sub-continent and they will be confident after their good show in the One-day series in Sri Lanka. Having said that, the tournament format is short and India are in a tough group,” said Ganguly, adding that it will be difficult to stop India if Sehwag fires at the top.India are pooled with Afghanistan and England in the group stages and will need to win seven matches to get their hands on the trophy for the second time. They triumphed in the inaugural edition in 2007.Talking about the other teams, Ganguly said: “The West Indies are a powerhouse. They are very dangerous in the shortest format with the presence of Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravo and Dwayne Smith and they have pacers who bowl at 150 kmph-plus. In addition, they have a very talented spinner in Sunil Narine.”South Africa are also a good side and are rightly ranked the No.1 Test team. England have the advantage of having a world class spinner in Graeme Swann, though they are bound to miss Kevin Pietersen.”Former India batsman Sanjay Manjrekar, also part of the channel’s commentary team, agreed with Ganguly on the West Indies.”As Sourav said, the West Indies look a formidable unit. They have a good chance of winning the competition as it is a bit of a lottery. Considering the format, there are bound to be upsets and surprises,” said Manjrekar talking of the tight scheduling of 27 matches involving 12 teams.The World T20 runs from Sep 18 to Oct 12.advertisementlast_img read more

Messi is best player in world in any position, says Barcelona coach

first_imgBarcelona coach Luis Enrique hailed hat-trick hero Lionel Messi as the greatest player in the world “in every position” after the Argentine maestro sent another record tumbling in a thumping 7-0 Champions League win over Celtic.Messi became the first player in European Cup history to score six hat-tricks as he bagged his 40th career treble for club and country in Barca’s biggest European Cup win.It was also Celtic’s heaviest ever defeat in the competition. The five-times World Player of the Year also assisted one of Luis Suarez’s two strikes in the goal glut as he weaved his way across the Barcelona front line.”Messi plays with complete freedom and he can change his position as he wants. He’s the best in the world in every position,” Luis Enrique told a news conference on Tuesday. (Champions League: Messi sets hat-trick record as Barca hit seven)”If he plays as a number 9, a number 8 or a number 6, he’s the best in the world. He can judge the perfect pass from 40 yards and put the ball wherever he wants.”He’s total football and we’d be very stupid if we imposed limits on him,” he added.”For me, he’s the best player of all time, both for the number of goals he scores and for his footballing vision.”Celtic coach Brendan Rodgers was also in awe of Messi and the other parts of the ruthless ‘MSN’ attacking trident of Messi, Suarez and Neymar.”They are very special players, they have incredible movement and speed and stopping them is very difficult because they are world class,” he said.advertisement”We tried to close down the spaces but they have so much quality and speed. They move the ball around so quickly, they are at the top of the game.”Despite overseeing the club’s record defeat in European competition, also the heaviest defeat for any club that has won the European Cup, Rodgers tried to remain positive.”We’re going to try and learn a lot in this Champions League campaign,” he said. “It’s no shame to lose 7-0 here.”last_img read more

Amateur Soccer in New York Built on Greek Immigrants’ Pride, The New York Times Say

first_imgNEW YORK – The New York Times’ Graham Parker writes about the New York Cosmopolitan League and the contribution of the Greek-Cypriots and Greeks in the history of the amateur soccer in the USA.“As the New York Pancyprian Freedoms play their Greek American counterparts on the soccer field below him, Pancyprian founder Philip Christopher is telling a story.“In 1984, the Pancyprian Freedoms had won the right to represent the United States in the Concacaf Champions Cup, a regional club tournament. It was quite an honor for a small New York team, and after they were drawn to face the Honduran club C.D.S. Vida, the traveling party boarded a plane for Tegucigalpa.‘The American ambassador to Honduras came to the airport to receive the American team, and all my boys were speaking Greek,” Christopher said. “He was saying, ‘What are all these kids speaking?’ I had to explain to him that we were the American team, but we weren’t exactly All-American boys.’The Cosmopolitan Soccer League is a regional soccer league consisting of clubs based in and around New York City. Established in 1923, it is one of the oldest soccer leagues in the United States and has contributed greatly to the nation’s soccer history.Currently, the league has four open divisions.The first two divisions require all clubs to also field reserve teams, a requirement that some leagues have abolished, but which the Cosmopolitan Soccer League believes makes its competition some of the strongest in United States soccer. The league also has an over-30 and an over-36 division. The league is USASA-affiliated.FILE – Pancyprians celebrate their advance to the Comopolitan League final 2017. Photo: D. Avlonitis“The Pancyprian Freedoms, too, emerged out of political trauma. Christopher pinpointed the founding of the team to the Turkish invasion of Cyprus on July 20, 1974. He was an expat playing recreational soccer in New York when the invasion occurred, and with a group of friends decided to form a team that they said would not only compete locally, but also would “project the image of Cyprus.” The organization quickly transcended soccer, NYT reports.‘We built the Pancyprian Community Center in Astoria, and from there the club expanded into many more areas than just football,’ Christopher said to NYT.“The Freedoms quickly established a friendly but heated rivalry with the more established Greek American Athletic Association, and another against the Brooklyn Italians.“Our rivalry was crazy,” Christopher said to NYT of games against the Greeks and Italians. “I mean you feared for your life to go to Brooklyn. We had to separate the fans. The Greeks on one side, the Italians on the other. I mean, it was an ethnic sport ——’”Greek American Atlas Astoria, commonly known as New York Greek American, is an American soccer team from New York City that currently plays in the Cosmopolitan Soccer League. The club was formed in 1941 by Thomas Laris and is one of the most successful clubs in America’s annual national soccer tournament, the U.S. Open Cup, winning four times, in 1967, 1968, 1969 and 1974. The team is one of the oldest American soccer clubs in existence and plays its games at the Metropolitan Oval in Maspeth, Queens.Reat New York Times’ full story here.TweetPinShare22 Shareslast_img read more

Prime minister to announce legal framework for Indigenous people in speech

first_imgAPTN NewsPrime Minister Justin Trudeau is scheduled to make a speech in the House of Commons Wednesday about a so-called new legal framework regarding Indigenous people.The speech is scheduled for 3:15 p.m. in Ottawa.“I think it’s time we recognize that a rights-based approach to Indigenous issues and to a partnership with Indigenous people to reconciliation is what we have to do,” said Trudeau Wednesday morning.“We have a constitution that created a space for Indigenous rights, but over the past decades, we haven’t done a very good job of putting those rights at the forefront of all our decision-making and all our engagement with them.”Indigenous Services Minister Jane Philpott was asked to speak about the legal framework but declined.More to come.last_img

No 6 Overall Draft Pick Barkevious Mingo Hospitalized With

No. 6 overall draft pick Cleveland Browns rookie linebacker Barkevious Mingo has been hospitalized after suffering a bruised lung.Mingo, who was drafted from Louisiana State University in the first round in April, was injured in the first half of Cleveland’s 24-6 victory over Detroit on Thursday.The initial diagnosis was that Mingo had a rib injury, but following the game he was taken to the hospital for further examination. Coach Rob Chudzinski said Mingo would be kept overnight.The details on how Mingo was hurt are unclear. The 6-foot-4-inch, 240-pound player jogged to the tunnel with a trainer for treatment after he was injured.And more bad news hit the Browns when running back Dion Lewis broke his leg and is likely done for the season. Cleveland also lost offensive guard Jason Pinkston, who suffered a severely sprained ankle. He left the stadium in a walking boot and on crutches. read more

Back to back Billy Price becomes second Ohio State center in a

Billy Price and the Buckeyes prepare to take the field for warmups prior to the B1G Championship game against Wisconsin on Dec. 2 in Lucas Oil Stadium. Ohio State won 27-21. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Photo EditorBack to back.For the second year in a row, an Ohio State lineman was awarded the Rimington Trophy, which is given to the best center in the nation. One year after Pat Elflein won the award, redshirt senior Billy Price was voted to receive the trophy. He received the honor at the College Football Awards show Thursday night.Price beat finalists Alabama’s Bradley Bozeman and LSU’s Will Clapp for the trophy.The redshirt senior adds the trophy to his list of accolades, which includes the 2017 Big Ten offensive lineman of the year award. The Associated Press named Price a second-team All-American last season and he was named a first-team All-Big Ten honoree. Price was named a Rimington Trophy finalist on Monday and was named to the watch list in May. Both Price and Elflein switched from guard to center for their respective senior seasons. read more

Rafael Benitez denies fight with Jamaal Lascelles

first_imgThe Newcastle United manager has said the player was absent during the weekend during an ankle problem and not because of an argumentNewcastle United coach Rafael Benitez has denied any argument with captain Jamaal Lascelles.The Spanish manager says the footballer’s absence from the match against Chelsea was because the player has an ankle problem.“The doctor is better than me, we’re waiting for results of a scan for Jamaal,” Benitez told the media as reported by Sportskeeda.“He came to support the team, I spoke to him before and after the game and three or four times this morning.”Tammy Abraham, ChelseaChelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.“His partner is expecting a baby but everything is fine. I don’t know how long he’ll be out for,” he explained.MEDIA: Newcastle United boss Rafa Benítez has been speaking to the media ahead of Wednesday’s @Carabao_Cup clash against @NFFC. Here’s what he had to say… #NUFC— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) August 28, 2018last_img read more

Klopp and Neville rant takes another twist

first_imgGary Neville’s latest suggestion about Liverpool seem not to have gone down well with the German boss Jurgen Klopp following his comments.The United legend suggested that Liverpool’s best shot at delivering the first ever Premier League trophy would come if they didn’t try to juggle every competition this term.When asked about Neville’s recommendation at his Friday press conference, the Reds boss laughed it off and claimed he didn’t fully understand Neville’s logic.“Gary should come over and tell me exactly how that would work,” Klopp said. “You bring your kids in the Champions League? That would be funny!“I don’t want to be too critical because I don’t know exactly how he said it but sitting in an office and talking about football is completely different to doing the job, to be honest.Cristiano Ronaldo, Nemanja Vidic, Manchester UnitedVidic: “Ronaldo is the most professional footballer I’ve seen” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Nemanja Vidic opened up on how a 21-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo’s professionalism left him stunned at Manchester United.“What did he say about Manchester United in that case? The club he’s more interested in. Nothing?“I don’t know exactly what it means but to focus on one competition can only be if maybe you are already out of the competition nearly.“If it’s late in the season that you see you have a chance to do that or do this and all that stuff.“Last year, for example, we had no chance to focus on one competition because we had to qualify for the Champions League and I don’t think that even Gary Neville would have said: ‘Quarter-finals of the Champions League, let City win’.”last_img read more