Boyz will bounce back – Austin

first_img SHARING THE BLAME “Everyone will take responsibility and move forward,” he added, while noting there is no discontent in the camp. “It is a good set of guys playing; we go out there and represent Jamaica fully well. Everyone wants to play well, everyone wants to do good. Sometimes it goes bad, and we will take responsibility and improve,” he added. The Jamaicans’ loss has put them under increased pressure to win away to the Haitians as Panama cruised to the top with three points in Group B, while Costa Rica, who beat Haiti 1-0, also raced to three points. “Definitely, we will be looking to bounce back. We have done this before. Everyone put in the right effort,” Austin said. “We are a group; we win together and lose together. We are gonna talk about this, and we are gonna work and give it our all to turn it around and get three points against Haiti.” “Everyone knows what we have to do, and whoever goes on the pitch has a responsibility of doing their best to winning the game, with the coaching staff. We win together, and we lose together. we just have to keep focusing and working hard so we can go to Haiti and change this result,” he said. Admitting that last Friday’s 2-0 loss to Panama was due to a flat performance by his team, Reggae Boyz captain Rodolph Austin says he will be looking to lead from the front and lift his team to a better result against Haiti today. The Jamaicans will today face the Haitians in their second game of the semi-final round of the CONCACAF FIFA World Cup qualifiers. “We came out flat, and everyone knows we didn’t play good tonight (Friday), and we have to take the responsibility for it as a team. We didn’t start the game well, and we conceded two soft goals. We just have to bounce back and focus, and look ahead to Haiti’s game; that’s the plan,” Austin said at Friday night’s post-game press conference.last_img read more

Littlerock school shows off its new cafeteria

first_imgLITTLEROCK – Students, the staff and school officials celebrated the opening of Alpine School’s new cafeteria and kitchen with a ceremony Tuesday. The expansion of the school’s 1950s-era cafeteria and kitchen cost nearly $1.1 million.. “Everybody is excited. It’s bright and clean and new and modern, and the cafeteria personnel love all the additional space, and it’s much more efficient and much more safe,” Principal Randall Jolin said before the ceremony. “The old kitchen – all the codes were different back then – didn’t meet current standards at all. It was an essential and necessary improvement.” District officials had been discussing improving the kitchen situation since about 2001. karen.maeshiro@dailynews.com (661) 267-5744160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! The cafeteria was supposed to have opened last spring, but bad weather and issues with adding a modular building delayed the opening to September. The ceremony was then postponed for months in which officials said reaction on campus was positive. “The kids are very ecstatic. It’s nice to have a full-functioning kitchen back there, all nice and new,” Assistant Superintendent Steve Doyle said. The old kitchen and cafeteria, designed for 100 students at a sitting, were too small for the school whose enrollment now tops 600. The size of the building was increased by about one-third. The project was paid for with developer fees and money set aside in a special account for cafeteria remodeling and modernization work. The school itself was built in 1929, with the original cafeteria in the basement. The current cafeteria and kitchen were built in 1958. last_img read more

UPROAR AS STRANORLAR SCHOOL IS SNUBBED BY GOVERNMENT

first_imgDonegal County Councillor Gary Doherty has today severely criticised the Government for not including St Mary’s National School, Stranorlar in its six year Capital Plan.Cllr Gary DohertyThe school has previously received site and planning permission for a new building and it had been hoped that funding would be earmarked for construction to begin during the term of the next Government but this has not materialised.Speaking today, Sinn Fein’s Cllr Doherty said “I was extremely dissapponted to learn that St Marys N.S., Stranorlar was not included in the the five year Capital Programme. It should be painfully clear to all stakeholders that this school should be top of any funding and building programme which comes online but unfortunately that has not been the case.” He continued “St Mary’s is the biggest National School in the Finn Valley and one of the biggest in the County. It has seen enrolment figures increase year on year, including an intake of 70 Junior Infants this year. At present, 170 children in the school are in prefabricated accommodation, and only four of the twelve permanent classrooms have toilets or running water. That is a situation that cannot be allowed to continue, and it is inexplicable that this Government has ignored these figures when compiling the new Capital Plan.“The Capital Plan includes a figure of €3 Billion explicitly earmarked for a school building programme. Parents in the Twin Towns deserve answers as to why their school was not included.”UPROAR AS STRANORLAR SCHOOL IS SNUBBED BY GOVERNMENT was last modified: October 7th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more