BCC to decide at ‘appropriate time’ on future Windies relations

first_img cancellation Their actions led to the cancellation of the Test tour, and an angry BCCI subsequently slapped the WICB with a US$42 million claim for losses, while also threatening legal action. The BCCI also suspended bilateral relations with the WICB. Following the October meeting between Cameron, Muirhead, and BCCI officials, the WICB said it hoped for an amicable resolution, especially with the BCCI set to meet in the AGM. “We had discussions on the resolution of the impasse that currently exists. It was very cordial,” ESPN Cricinfo quoted Muirhead as saying recently. “We discussed everything that would affect us at length. We were sure that a resolution would be forthcoming in the very near future. We are hoping that it will take root at the AGM.” According to the noted cricket website, the WICB has indicated its inability to settle the multi-million-dollar claim and has proposed touring India in 2017 instead. Since the abandoned tour, the WICB has subsequently come under pressure at home, with a recent commission of eminent persons, established by the regional nation-state grouping CARICOM, proposing the “immediate dissolution” of the board. MUMBAI, India, (CMC): The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) says it will take its time in mulling over the normalising of relations with the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB). Following the conclusion of its annual general meeting (AGM) here Monday, BCCI president Shashank Manohar said the board would “take a call” on resuming bilateral tours with the Windies, which were suspended last year in the wake of the ill-fated limited overs and Test series. “There is still plenty of time to go and play in West Indies. We will decide at the appropriate time,” Manohar said. “They met us recently … the CEO of the West Indies Board and the chairman of the West Indies Board. They have given their viewpoint. We will take a call.” WICB president Dave Cameron, along with chief executive Michael Muirhead, recently met with BCCI officials to discuss a resolution to the dispute which arose in October last year when the West Indies one-day team abruptly abandoned the tour of India over a contracts squabble with players union WIPA.last_img read more

REVEALED: TAXI DRIVER CLUE TO MADELEINE McCANN DISAPPEARANCE

first_imgMadeleine in Donegal, pictured second from left in April 2007. She disappeared in Portugal two weeks laterA taxi driver who says he could help solve the mystery of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance says he wants to tell British police about seeing the three-year-old the night after she vanished.Antonio Castela claims he picked up three men, a woman and a girl who looked like the missing three-year-old near the Spanish border in the Algarve.He has previously claimed he told Portuguese detectives what he saw, but was not questioned, even though a lawyer for Madeleine’s parents said he could provide vital clues. British police are expected to arrive in Portugal next month to investigate the girl’s disappearance. Madeleine’s grandparents are from Donegal and she spent the Easter here before her tragic disappearance in May 2007.Mr Castela, 73, said: “I want to tell them what I saw and assist in the investigation. I remember all the details. I would be very happy if the police re-open the investigation and if I could help in this case. This case has haunted me for a long time.”He says he picked up the men, woman and child at 7.50pm, an hour’s drive away.He took them two miles to the Hotel Apolo in his neighbourhood, Vila Real de Santo António, near Faro, where they got into a blue BMW and drove away. He said: “In 2007 I called police and told them what I had seen. Since then, no one from the police has spoken to me or showed interest in my story. No one came to collect my statement.”He said he recalls Madeleine, in pink pyjamas, sitting on one of the men’s laps, and he noticed the “black spot” — a distinctive mark in her right eye. “I think my story may give a clue that has not been followed. I do not know what happened to Maddy, but I know that day, she was still alive in my cab.”The Met has identified 38 potential suspects, including 12 Britons “of interest” who were in Portugal when Maddy vanished. REVEALED: TAXI DRIVER CLUE TO MADELEINE McCANN DISAPPEARANCE was last modified: August 17th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Algarvedisappearancemadeleine mccannportugaltaxi-driverlast_img read more