An exciting and newly devised programme promoting volunteerism in the community was officially launched in Donegal at the weekend by Phil Hogan TD, Minister for Environment, Community & Local Government.Devised by the Donegal Local Development Company Ltd. (DLDC), the programme is very much targeted at unemployed and socially excluded young persons from disadvantaged areas in the Donegal border area.It has a particular focus on equipping participants with the skills and motivation to pursue volunteering opportunities in the region and to explore life/career paths alternative to mainstream employment. Delivering his key note speech at the launch event, Minister Phil Hogan said: “It is great to see worthwhile initiatives such as this Cross Community Project being launched here today, which will target unemployed, disadvantaged and socially excluded young persons.“Measures like this don’t happen by themselves they require a lot of thought, planning and hard work to bring them about, and I congratulate Donegal Local Development Company and the International Fund for Ireland for facilitating this project.“Volunteering is central to the ideals of democracy, social inclusion and active citizenship. It is also an expression of the individual’s involvement in their community. The giving of time for others strengthens the fabric of our societies and defines the communities in which we live.“The primary role of my Department in regard to the Community and Voluntary sector is to encourage and facilitate communities, with a special focus on areas of disadvantage, to pursue social and economic progress in their areas. The implementation of measures to encourage volunteering and support active citizenship is an essential element to the success of this strategy.” The ‘Volunteering in the Community’ Programme has been primarily funded by The International Fund for Ireland (IFI), who earlier this year committed €236,750 under its Community Based Economic and Social Regeneration Programme.The Volunteering in the Community Programme, which will integrate with the President’s Gaisce Awards Scheme, will be delivered in seven courses of 12 weeks duration over a two and a half year period. Each course will have a participant rate of 10 persons which will cover such topics as volunteerism, reconciliation at both the personal and community level and personal skills training.Speaking on behalf of the International Fund for Ireland, Winston Patterson, Board member of the IFI said: “We are delighted that the IFI is supporting such a worthy programme in the Donegal border region. At its core, this programme will target young vulnerable people and provide them with the opportunity to consider and action positive life choices, as opposed to becoming easy prey for negative influences, and experience at first hand, the opportunities and benefits of local community-based volunteerism.”Mr Patterson also expressed a collective thanks to the international donors who have supported the work of the International Fund for Ireland for almost twenty-five years: namely, the United States of America, the European Union, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.The launch also marks the first IFI funded programme to be delivered by The Donegal Local Development Company (DLDC). Speaking at Saturday’s launch event, John Starrett, Vice Chairman of DLDC said: “The content of the courses will have many positive elements, but most importantly, it will allow youth to examine their lives and that of their communities in the context of the times in which we live. It will give them the time and the space and with full professional supports, to consider the possible paths of their lives and to explore positive, fulfilling personal options.“While some will progress into employment as a result, others will no doubt find that difficult for a period. This course will emphasise that employment is not the only path to personal and community fulfilment. It will allow those participating on the course to consider the benefits of volunteering, both for themselves and their communities and explore real, rewarding options in local volunteering.”DLDC is a local development company which has a strong track record in delivering local development programmes addressing the social, economic, cultural and environmental development of its catchment region, which primarily covers the towns/villages in that region of Donegal outside the Gaeltacht and Inishowen. Employment creation and reconciliation initiatives have been a particularly strong element of the company’s work to date.The official opening event was held on Saturday, 21st May at the Lakeside Centre, Ballyshannon and was attended by over 60 guests, including a wide range of local representatives, community groups and voluntary organisations. ends‘VOLUNTEERING IN THE COMMUNITY’ INITIATIVE LAUNCHED IN DONEGAL was last modified: May 23rd, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:BallyshannonMinister Phil Hoganvolunteering
Johannesburg, Tuesday 12 July 2016 – Brand South Africa and its partners – the Departments of Trade and Industry and KwaZulu-Natal Health, National Research Foundation, as well as Selborne Hotel, Spa & Golf Estate – will host media ahead of the 21st International Aids Conference to showcase some of the province’s competitive strengths.Over four days from Wednesday 13 – Saturday 16 July 2016, media will be treated to visits of the Toyota Plant, the Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa (CAPRISA), the KwaZulu-Natal Research Institute for Tuberculosis and HIV (K-RITH), the Medical Male Circumcision Centre for Excellence, based at the Northdale Hospital in Pietermaritzburg and Selbourne Golf Estate, Hotel and Spa.These site visits are aimed at telling the South African story and positioning South Africa as a globally competitive investment destination for investment, science, technology, innovation and tourism.At the same time, the visits to CAPRISA, K-RITH and the Medical Male Circumcision Centre for Excellence will showcase some of the strides South Africa is making to ensure an HIV free generation in our lifetime.Media who are interested in being treated to the exceptionalism of KwaZulu-Natal are requested to contact Tsabeng Nthite on 076 371 6810 or Manusha Pillai on 082 389 3587.Programme for the four days:Follow the conversation on #SANationBrand or #AIDS2016 Kindly RSVP to Tsabeng Nthite on email@example.com with the following information:Name and surnameID/passport numberMedia HouseEmail addressContact numberFor more information contact Tsabeng as follows:Tsabeng NthiteEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Galaxy S10+ has been spotted on Geekbench just a week after the Galaxy S10 Lite/ S10 E was listed on the benchmark site. The Galaxy S10+ is expected to be the biggest of the three rumoured Galaxy S10 phones, sporting a bigger display and more cameras. However, all three phones are tipped to come with the same Snapdragon 855 SoC in the US. Most other countries will get the Galaxy S10 with an Exynos 9820 chips.The Geekbench listing, shared by SlashLeaks, shows a Samsung phone with model number SM-G975U which refers to the Galaxy S10+. The phone has been listed with a Snapdragon 855 chipset coupled with 6GB of RAM, which keeps in line with previous rumours. Unsurprisingly, the listing also mentions Android Pie, which means the Galaxy S10 phones will ship with One UI out-of-the-box. Apart from this, the listing does not offer much else about the Galaxy S10+.The Galaxy S10+ has a single-core score of 3413 and multi-core score of 10256 which is much more realistic compared to the scores that the Galaxy S10 Lite managed last week. It also means you can expect a terrific performance from the Galaxy S10+ and there are also rumours of an 8GB RAM variant as well. Of course, benchmark scores are not indicative of real world performance and we expect to see the same level of performance across all three Galaxy S10 phones.As mentioned, the Galaxy S10+ will be a big phone as it is tipped to sport a 6.4-inch Infinity-O display. The display is rumoured to come with a wider cutout as it will house dual front-facing cameras. The Galaxy S10+ is also tipped to come with quad cameras on the back and a large 4,000mAh battery. Other than that, the Galaxy S10+ will offer most of the same hardware as the Galaxy S10 E and S10 including an in-display fingerprint sensor and a headphone jack.advertisementALSO READ | Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, S10+ benchmarks spotted, reveal display resolutionsALSO READ | Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite with Snapdragon 855 chip, Android Pie spotted on Geekbench
Chelsea boss Lampard: Hudson-Odoi, James will face Grimbsyby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi will make his first-team return in the League Cup on Wednesday against Grimsby Town.This follows his recovery from an Achilles injury.The England international was forced off during the draw against Burnley in April and underwent successful surgery days later. The winger will feature alongside Reece James, who is yet to make a competitive appearance for Chelsea’s senior side following a season on loan at Wigan.Asked about the duo, manager Frank Lampard told Chelsea’s official website: “They’ll be involved on Wednesday night.”We need to look at players that haven’t been playing so much. We will pay Grimsby due to respect but it certainly is minutes for certain players that haven’t been there.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Chelsea boss Frank Lampard: Fikayo Tomori my project playerby Paul Vegas21 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea boss Frank Lampard says his “project” player Fikayo Tomori has long justified his faith in him.The centre-back joined Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount and Ross Barkley as the four Chelsea Lions in Gareth Southgate’s England squad this week. “I put trust in him early in the season – I think that was obvious with the way the pre-season went with the centre-backs,” said Lampard. “At the moment, he has really delivered and long may that continue. I think there is a lot more to come still.“Last year as Derby he was fantastic. But you don’t know until you put players in. Against Sheffield United at home was a game where I thought he deserved his opportunity for his training.”Those are the rules here. You have to train at a level. Then he gave me a big problem because he played so well and he has continued to do that. Yes, he is a project in a way but a nice one because everything you want him to do, he stands up and delivers.”
DETROIT – Fiat Chrysler is recalling more than 300,000 older Ram pickup trucks worldwide because the fuel tanks can sag.The recall mainly affects trucks in cold-weather U.S. states and Canada where salt is used to clear snow from roads.It includes Ram 1500 pickups from the 2009 through 2012 model years. In the U.S. the trucks are in 20 states and Washington, D.C.The company says an investigation found a bracket can corrode and let the tanks sag. The remaining structure will stop the tanks from falling. Fiat Chrysler says it’s not aware of any crashes, fires, leaks or injuries due to the problem.Dealers will reinforce the bracket. Owners will be told when to schedule service. Anyone who notices a hanging strap or lower tank should contact their dealer.
The municipal election will take place on October 20, 2018, with the first advanced voting opportunity happening on October 10. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Eleven candidates are running for the position of trustee with School District 60.The school district is broken up into five different zones with each zone being represented by one trustee except for zone five which is represented by three. Five candidates are looking to fill the three seats in zone five and they include incumbents Erin Evans, Bill Snow and Darrell Pasichnyk along with Helen Gilbert, Jeff Richert.In zone one, Madeleine Lehmann will run against Melanie Edwards and David Christie will look to get more votes than David Scott-Moncrieff in zone two. In zone three and four candidates, Nicole Gilliss and incumbent Ida Campbell will be voted in by acclamation.
The goal for the Fundraiser is set at $10,000 and they are close to reaching their goal.To view the GoFundMe CLICK HERE ROSE PRAIRIE, B.C. – Mid December the home of Jake and Brianne Dyksterhuis burnt down, causing them to lose the contents and their family vehicle.December 14th at 1 am the Dyksterhuis’s woke up to find their house was on fire, ‘there was only enough time to grab their daughter who was still sleeping in their bedroom and jump out the window in their night clothes’, states the GoFundMe page set up to help assist the family.As a young family with a nine-month-old daughter and another child due in the spring, a GoFundMe account was created to alleviate some of the financial burdens that come with losing everything.
New Delhi: The NIA Monday questioned Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umer Farooq for nearly eight hours in connection with a case related to funding of terror groups and separatist organisations in Jammu and Kashmir, officials said here.He was asked to appear before the agency again Tuesday, the officials said, adding Naseem Geelani, son of pro-Pakistan separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani, was also summoned on Tuesday. After avoiding the first two summons, the Mirwaiz finally appeared before the National Investigation Agency (NIA) after he was assured of being provided security upon his arrival in the national capital. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’The Mirwaiz was accompanied by other separatist leaders, including Abdul Gani Bhat, Bilal Lone and Maulana Abbas Ansari. During the questioning, the Mirwaiz was asked several questions related to the funding of his party Awami Action Committee as well as Hurriyat Conference, the officials said, adding that the replies were not satisfactory. He had been asked to appear before the NIA on March 11 and March 18 but expressed his inability to join the investigation in the national capital, saying he feared for his security in view of “conditions of hostility”. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KIn its third summons issued last week, the NIA promised him security. The NIA probe seeks to identify the chain of players behind the financing of terrorist activities, pelting of stones on security forces, burning down of schools and damaging of government establishments. The case names Hafiz Saeed, the Pakistan-based chief of Jamaat-ud-Dawah (JuD), the front for the banned Lashker-e-Taiba, as an accused. It also names organisations such as the Hurriyat Conference factions led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani and the Mirwaiz, the Hizbul Mujahideen and the Dukhtaran-e-Millat. Ahead of his appearance before the NIA, the Hurriyat Conference chairman tweeted, “In Delhi today with my colleagues for the NIA summon, efforts to malign leadership for its political stand wont work. Inspite of harassment Hurriyat will continue to seek peaceful resolution of the Kashmir issue. Urge people back home to stay calm and peaceful.” On Sunday night, the Hurriyat held an executive meeting and strongly condemned the move to summon the Mirwaiz.