IndianaLocalNews Google+ Pinterest Facebook Twitter Facebook Pinterest By Jon Zimney – February 22, 2021 0 314 (Photo supplied/Berrien County Health Department) The winter storm has not only rescheduled some vaccine appointments, but delayed the expansion of who can get the shot.Around 15,000 Hoosiers got vaccinated, Tuesday, despite the big snow, but Governor Holcomb says nearly three times that many had to be rescheduled Monday and Tuesday. Indiana State Department of Health chief medical officer Lindsay Weaver says more than a fifth of Indiana’s nearly 400 vaccination sites had to close.Weaver says more postponements are likely, because the snow delayed shipment of Indiana’s weekly allocation of the Moderna vaccine.Weaver says the disruptions have pushed back the expansion of vaccine eligibility to Hoosiers between 60 and 64 years old. She says the department is working with clinics to add vaccination days to get back on schedule, and says she’s hopeful vaccination of 60-year-olds will start sometime next week.Weaver says she’s not aware of any vaccine doses which had to be thrown away unused because of the cancellations. She notes there was ample warning the storm was coming, and says clinics which had to close just didn’t take the vials out of the freezer or refrigerator.Overall, she says Indiana has had just 172 doses go to waste, due to issues like broken vials. That’s one-hundredth of one-percent of the doses Indiana’s received so far. Twitter WhatsApp Google+ Previous articleFood Bank of Northern Indiana mobile food distribution scheduleNext articleGuard killed, another seriously hurt after assault at state prison in Michigan City Jon ZimneyJon Zimney is the News and Programming Director for News/Talk 95.3 Michiana’s News Channel and host of the Fries With That podcast. Follow him on Twitter @jzimney. Indiana’s COVID vaccination age qualification could be lowered this week WhatsApp
Twitter has removed more than 7,000 accounts linked to the “QAnon” movement over abuse and harassment concerns, saying Tuesday it will limit the spread of conspiracy theories by its supporters.Members of the informal, pro-Donald Trump group believe — with no credible evidence — that the United States has been ruled for decades by a criminal organization involving people they describe as the Satan-worshipping global elite, including Hollywood stars and the “deep state”.The right-wing group is also convinced of a secret plot against Trump, and its members have targeted his political opponents on social media with harassment. Topics : The FBI has identified QAnon as a potential domestic terrorism threat, according to US media.QAnon members have recently been involved in protests against measures to combat the spread of the coronavirus, especially lockdowns and face masksTwitter said it would help stop the spread of QAnon conspiracy theories by, among other things, making sure the Twitter algorithm does not highlight sites and tweets associated with their accounts.It will also “block URLs associated with QAnon from being shared on Twitter.”Some 150,000 accounts will also be hidden from trends and search on Twitter, a spokesperson said.Supporters of the group claim that “Q” or “QAnon” is a mole in the president’s inner circle who has decided to reveal tidbits of intelligence concerning the global conspiracy on fringe internet platforms.While it originated on the edges, QAnon has built a growing following on mainstream social media platforms too. Some QAnon adherents are even running for Congress this November.Twitter’s decision comes after nearly 1,000 advertisers announced they were boycotting Facebook, demanding more aggressive action against content that promotes violence and hate.In April, Facebook removed 20 accounts, five pages and six groups linked to QAnon. “We’ve been clear that we will take strong enforcement action on behavior that has the potential to lead to offline harm,” Twitter said.”In line with this approach, this week we are taking further action on so-called ‘QAnon’ activity across the service,” it added.”We will permanently suspend accounts Tweeting about these topics that we know are engaged in violations of our multi-account policy, coordinating abuse around individual victims, or are attempting to evade a previous suspension.”A spokesperson said that the social media giant had decided to act because QAnon followers were causing increasing harm.
Bay of Plenty Times 28 Feb 20121/2. The Tauranga parents of a young woman strangled to death in January 2005 joined hundreds of other families at a protest march in Auckland yesterday. Brian and Lynette Brown’s 24-year-old daughter Natasha Hayden was slain by Tauranga man Michael Curran at McLaren Falls on January 10, 2005. Curran was granted bail by a High Court judge on July 7, 2005 after four unsuccessful bail applications and while awaiting trial he murdered 2-year-old Tauranga toddler Aaliyah Morrissey on September 13, 2005.http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/news/tauranga-couple-join-bail-bill-protest-march/1287332/Borrell’s father backs Christies lawAuckland Now 28 Feb 20123. 17-year-old Augustine Borrell was stabbed to death at a party in the Auckland suburb of Herne Bay in September 2007. Murderer Haiden Davis was on bail for another violent crime when he killed Augustine…4. Robyn Hanson spoke of her relative Vanessa Pickering, who was murdered by Malcolm Chaston while he was on bail. She described Chaston as a ”ticking time bomb” who should never have been granted bail. ”Urgent changes need to happen so no other families have to suffer such an unnecessary tragedy.” Pickering’s body was found on a hill near Godley Head in Christchurch in February 2010. Chaston, a 41-year-old with a violent criminal history, was jailed indefinitely for her murder.5. The Sensible Sentencing Trust-led campaign wants judges to be subjected to annual performance reviews and the right of serious offenders to apply for bail removed. It was sparked by the fatal stabbing of Auckland teenager Christie Marceau. The man accused of Marceau’s murder was on bail at the time of the alleged murder.http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/6488179/Borrells-father-backs-Christies-Law
“I’d like him to come to Italy one day,” said Ronaldo, 33.“I hope he accepts the challenge like me, but if he’s happy there then I respect that.”Ronaldo spent nine seasons at Real Madrid after arriving from Manchester United in 2009, with Messi having spent his whole career at La Liga rivals Barcelona.Asked if he missed Messi during an interview with Italian press, Ronaldo added: “No, maybe it’s him who misses me.“I’ve played in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal and for my national team, while he’s still in Spain.“Maybe he needs me more. For me, life is a challenge, I like it and I like to make people happy.“He’s a fantastic player and a good guy, but I don’t miss anything here. This is my new life and I’m happy.“I left my comfort zone and took on this challenge here in Turin. Everything has gone well, I’ve proven I’m still an incredible player.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo has challenged Lionel Messi to leave Barcelona and sign for a club in Italy.Portugal international Ronaldo joined Serie A champions Juventus from Real Madrid in a £99.2m deal in the summer.Ronaldo and Argentina forward Messi, 31, have long been regarded as the world’s best players, each winning five Ballon d’Or awards before Real Madrid’s Luka Modric claimed this year’s prize.
Syracuse took down Colgate, 33-7, in Dino Babers’ first game as the Orange’s head coach. Quarterback Eric Dungey impressed with the best performance of his career. Here’s a graphical breakdown of how SU took down the Raiders. Facebook Twitter Google+ Comments AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Published on September 2, 2016 at 11:03 pm Contact Clare: [email protected]